There are many variables involved in the price of park model homes. There are features, floor plans, and details that prevent a simple answer. The sales price for a new park home ranges from under $25,000 for a single-section home with basic features to prices in excess of $100,000 for a deluxe multisection home. Depending on the region of the country, construction cost per square foot for a new manufactured home averages anywhere from 10 to 35 percent less than a comparable site-built home, excluding the cost of land.
There Are Major Benefits To Building Your Home In A Factory
- All aspects of the construction process are controlled.
- The weather doesn’t interfere with construction and cause delays.
- All technicians, craftsmen and assemblers are on the same team and professionally supervised.
- Inventory is better controlled and materials are protected from theft and weather-related damage.
- All construction materials, as well as interior features and appliances are purchased in volume for additional savings.
- Cost of interim construction financing is significantly reduced or eliminated.
- All aspects of construction are continually inspected by not one, but several, inspectors.
Today’s park homes come with many "standard" features that you would find in a site-built home. Many floor plans are available that range from the basic models to more elaborate designs with living and dining rooms with vaulted ceilings, fully-equipped modern kitchens, comfortable bedrooms with walk-in closets, and bathrooms with recessed bathtubs and whirlpools.
You may also select from a variety of exterior design features as a bay window, a gable front, territorial stucco finish, pro-panel metal roofs, or designer upgrade shingles.
With many manufacturers now using the latest in computer-assisted design, you have the flexibility of selecting variations to the floor plans and decors, including the color and thickness of the carpeting. These options can include everything from the type of exterior siding materials to energy-efficiency features to kitchen appliance upgrades.